Responsibilities of the Senior Residential Support Worker
- Be accountable to the homes registered manager.
- Hold responsibility for the running of your shift and be responsible for the events on the shift
- Ensuring shifts are planned with Residential Support Workers, and to hold responsibility for the running of your shift as the main point of call and decision making in line with policy and procedure and the individual child’s risk assessment.
- To undertake any training that is deemed appropriate to your position
- To attend staff meetings and be a positive role model to the children at their meetings
- To deputise in the absence of the Registered Manager
- To offer supervision and support to staff in line with Children’s Homes Regulations 2015
- To ensure that each member of staff is aware of each child’s placement plan and their responsibilities for its implementation
- Be able to take part in various leisure activities with the children
- Be able to communicate effectively with colleagues and other professionals, as well as be able to demonstrate Strong verbal and written skills
- Carry out an essential and varied role to provide the individual, bespoke, support required by the Children and Young People in our care. You will support our Children and young people in their daily lives, ensuring they are safe, comfortable, and healthy at all times.
- Ensure the completion of all key worker task’s set for your team and oversee your team’s tasks.
- Administration of medication when required.
- You will ensure that the children and young people attend all appointments and meetings about them, whilst ensuring the staff team work with education providers and support them to try and experiences new activities whilst building memories and a nurturing and positive relationships.
- Ensuring that the homes documentation is completed, accurate and kept up to date in accordance with policy and procedure.
- To work in partnership with parents, and other professionals to safeguard and promote the welfare of young people.
- To create and develop links between the community and the home to enable children to participate fully in the local community’s life.
- Work with firm and consistent boundaries in order to create safety and containment for the child
- Work alongside the child to help develop a true sense of identity and feel of self-worth.
- Work alongside the Registered Manager/Social worker to provide a comprehensive history of a child’s life.
- Be sensitive to the needs of individual children, taking account of race, culture, language and religion
- Work with child and prospective carers to ensure child’s successful integration into a family when placed.
What we are looking for from you:
- Dedicated and committed team player
- Must be over the age of 21
- Level 3/4 Diploma in children and young people residential childcare or equivalent. (Essential).
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a residential Child care setting with children and young people with challenging behaviours or similar setting. (essential)
- Proven ability to lead a team (desirable)
- Be able to work on a rota pattern including sleeping in and overtime when required (rota pattern likely to be 2 days on 4 days off).
- Current full driving licence required due to the nature of job role.
- Strong communication skills both with children, young people and adults.
- Successful applicants must have or be willing to have, an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and provide satisfactory references.
Benefits of working with us:
- Fantastic opportunities for career development
- Great rates of pay plus £55 sleep in allowance
- Wellbeing initiatives
- Free DBS Checks
- Engagement days and team building
- Regular supervision, reviews of career and training needs
- Support form a committed and supportive management team.
- Free parking
- The opportunity to make a real long lasting difference in a child’s life.
If you feel that this is an exciting journey that you would like to be a part of, please download the application form below and email to:
firstname.lastname@example.org – Responsible Individual
email@example.com – Homes Manage